mandag 2. mars 2009

you ain't worth the blood that runs in your veins

Okei, eg blir aldri leie av Bob Dylan! Masters of War e ein av dei flottaste sangane i historien. MEN - eg syns faktisk, personligt, at den sangen e mest enorme når Eddie Vedder(Pearl Jam) synge ann! Såklart så e jo Bob Dylan tidenes beste låtskrivar, barra CHECK IT:

"Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'"

Uansett, back to Masters of War. Hvis det e nogen av dokke som ikkje har hørt Pearl Jam's versjon av den sangen, så legge eg ann ut her nå. Eg barra seie det; sit back and enjoy! Du kan kje leva uten å ha hørt det mesterverket! Her e nogen av mine favoritt "lines" i teksten:

"But I see through your eyes

And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain"

"You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins"

"You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do"

Flottaste verset:
"And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead"

Here you go, babies:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar